Felix is 8 months old today! In the last month he has really blossomed. Whatever funk he was in for the first 6 months of his life has definitely passed.
Things he does now:
• Looks at faces, makes eye contact, smiles, and has stranger anxiety.
• Rolls front to back, back to front.
• Reaches up and out with his hands to grabs objects.
• Sits for a few moments at a time, with improvement every day.
• Stays on hands and knees for a few moments with help.
• Squeals, babbles, and razzes all the time.
• Enjoys bath time (and swimming at the Y).
• Likes playing games and singing, like “Pat-A-Cake” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider.”
• Actively and happily participates in physical therapy at appointments and at home.
• Drinks breastmilk on demand, and eats puréed baby food twice a day.
• Sleeps in his crib (no longer his bassinet) for longer stretches of time at night. But still doesn’t nap well.
• Still prefers the outdoors.
I’m sure there are a few things I’m missing. But these are all big changes that came all at once. He also got his 6 month shots today since he was on a delayed schedule due to his previous CMV infection. At his appointment he weighed 18 lbs 1 oz, and was 27 inches tall.
Now if I could just get him to smile for a picture, it would be really helpful for these monthly updates. Haha!